The holidays are the time for joy, festivity, and giving; which is why your home should say exactly that both inside and out! If there’s any time that you don’t want your yard to be dull and boring it’s the time when Santa comes to town! Bring some holiday spirit, joy and don’t be a Scrooge with these fun and festive holiday landscaping ideas!
- Spruce up the whole home with a festive deck or front porch! You can start with the basics, some garland draped over the railings and big red bows speckled throughout it. If this idea is a little too easy then do your design and pattern by including ornaments and bows throughout it. There’s nothing that screams Christmas like green garland, red bows, and a few twinkly lights!
- We all know that red and green are the traditional Christmas color scheme (and what’s more festive, are we right?) but you can add some unexpected variety with color schemes that aren’t so traditional. If you want to make sure that your tree isn’t boring this year, reimagine holiday decor with unexpected color combinations. Get creative and remember, there are no rules when it comes to decorating for the holidays!
- Most people are wary of decorating their yard for Christmas because they think it has to be both expensive and time-consuming. But getting your landscape ready for the holidays truly doesn’t have to be either! You can get in the Christmas spirit by including some festive props that you find at your local crafts store. These can be toy sleds, wooden Santas, a crowd of elves, or anything else.
- Most people put their Christmas tree lights in traditional spots such as along railings or on the trees. Although this is always a festive idea, including lights in places that are unexpected can add something extra special to your yard. Go ahead and get creative, stringing them along your pathways, around the base of plants, and even around gardens and fences!
- For those that live in warmer climates during the holidays, there are ways that you can grab the neighbors’ eyes by having a Christmas tree outside. While you’re enjoying hot cocoa on the deck you can enjoy having it lit up by including a fully decorated Christmas tree. Although you may have your tree indoors that you put your gifts under and gather around Christmas morning, an outdoor tree on the patio or deck is a great idea!
- Have some extra holiday ribbon on hand for gift wrapping? Tie it around plants and posts on the deck to add a festive touch to ordinary areas of your landscape! You can then add some ornaments to these areas to take them up a notch and make sure that it’s fully festive. Big bows let us all know it’s holiday time and they can make sure that your landscape, including the deck and patio, turns into something magical!
- As the colder temperatures come along we’re sure that your fall and summer plants have made their way inside to the warmth of your home, but that doesn’t mean festive plants can’t take their place for winter. If you’ve got the empty pots on hand then it’s fairly easy to create your own custom winter plant arrangements. Some green and red florals and you’ll have festive and fun plant arrangements!
And of course, if you’re feeling like your project goals outstrip your abilities to make them happen, you can always call the pros at LandArt Solutions!