Facilitate and direct the installation and maintenance of landscape projects for residential, commercial, and public facilities. A decisive, detail-oriented, driven individual to lead and coordinate the scheduling of resources. Manage operation supervisors and employees who are engaged in: grounds maintenance, planting, sod & seed, irrigation, drainage, grading, and hardscape installations. Building, training, and maintaining a unified team in best horticulture practices and safety.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enforce and comply with all company policies/procedures and safety requirements
- Own and manage field schedules and all project milestones, direct and manage construction project teams.
- Support and train an efficient workforce on job specific tasks, safety, and equipment.
- Implement processes and systems for field staff that are consistent, trainable, and measurable.
- Oversee, manage, and set expectations to supervisors on projects for cost effective labor hours against project man hours.
- Properly reward and/or discipline behavior of the field team through oral and written documentation.
- Coordinate subcontractor work to coincide with self-performed work.
- Coordinate and schedule project material deliveries
- Maintain and accountable for daily reports, job planners, safety toolbox, and invoices.
- Walks nearly completed jobs and creates internal punch list with Supervisors.
- Schedules and oversees to completion call-backs and warranty work.
- Ability to look for opportunities and effectively and expeditiously communicate change orders to Project Manager.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate company resources between $1-3 million.
- Ensures that supervisors are properly maintaining tools and equipment.
- Coordinate supervisors to ensure crew equipment and vehicular needs are being efficiently managed
- Strong administrative, communication, and people skills.
- 3-5 years commercial landscape construction/installation experience including irrigation, drainage, hardscape, softscape, plant ID and grading.
- Horticulture or Landscape degree preferred.
- Basic computer skills in Excel, Word, and cloud-based systems.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and background check.
- Possess valid NC Driver’s License and be insurable by company insurance carrier.
- Willingness to obtain Commercial Driver’s License – Class A.
- Have or obtain within the first 60 days of employment: OSHA 30-hour, First Aid, and CPR Certifications.
- Ability to perform minor equipment repairs and preventive maintenance experience a plus