- Degree in horticulture, landscape construction, or construction management is preferred.
- Have a minimum of 3 years in construction or landscape construction management experience.
- Strong critical thinking and collaborative skills; superb communication skills.
- Comply with all company policies/procedures and safety requirements.
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Word, and cloud based systems such as Bluebeam, BIM 360, etc.
- Possess valid NC Drivers License and be insurable by company insurance carrier.
- Have or obtain within the 3 months of employment
- OSHA 30 hr
- Willingness to participate in and seek continuing education such as First Aid & CPR Certifications, Stormwater Maintenance BMP Certifications, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate company resources between $3-5 mil; maintaining project job files.
- Assist with managing schedules and oversees Operations Manager for field operations (multiple crews/multiple projects & subcontractors).
- Review contracts at time they are awarded to ensure agreement is in compliance with Landart policies and coordinate with Business Development to ensure project award is consistent with scope of initial bid.
- Oversee and ensure that all necessary submittals for contracts sold are delivered in a timely manner.
- Conducts and/or attends pre-construction meetings with GC, property owner, field staff and subcontractors.
- Communicate progress by providing weekly reports on landscape projects to company management and field staff accurately and effectively.
- Conduct final walkthrough with clients. (internal punchlist is to mitigate client punch-list)
- Monitors and coordinates with Operations Manager call backs and warranty work.
- Oversee/manage Safety Manager/QC so that operating instructions and as-built plans (if needed) are presented to clients during final walkthrough.
- Inform office staff regarding invoicing schedule of values (SOV) for all landscape projects.
- Collaborate on billing for landscape projects to reflect actual job progress.
- Ensure that all additional work/change orders are documented, approved by project owner, and billed accordingly.
- Ability to look for opportunities and price change orders in an effective and expeditious manner
- Oversee projects for cost effective labor hours and materials against project budgets.
- Track job costs against estimate for a profitable production, compare job cost reporting.
- Develop relationships with vendors and suppliers to obtain the best pricing for the best quality resources. Procure project materials for Operations Manager to schedule delivery.
- Set pace and schedule for employee training for safety, efficiency, attention to details, and quality. To be implemented by Safety Manager/QC.
- Co-Interview potential candidates for field staff and collaborate with Operations Managers to properly reward and/or discipline in compliance with employee handbook.
- Promote landscape maintenance program offered by Company to customers with recently completed jobs.
- Proper and safe skills in performing duties adhering to company policies, standards and safety guidelines.
- Able to manage the landscape construction team to hold Operations Manager accountable to safety policy and company production rates.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage project budgets and negotiate vendor costs for reduced COGS.
- Demonstrate proficiency in management of landscape operations (budgets, CO’s, and invoicing).
- Demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and honestly with field operation team, management team, and clients.
- Able to work as a team with management and all company employees.
Reporting & Compensation
- This position reports directly to the COO and CEO.
- Landart Solutions offers a competitive wage and a full group benefit plan including medical, dental,vision, retirement plan and paid vacation.We do require that each field employee wear STEEL or COMPOSITE toe boots to stay within OSHA compliance
The above job description is intended to give a general understanding of the duties and responsibilities for the job classification. This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform additional duties outside of their normal responsibilities as deemed necessary by their employer.